SALARY: £25,000 per annum
LOCATION: The Royalty Fishery, Christchurch
HOURS: 40 hours per week to include weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Visitor Experience Manager – Bournemouth
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
As part of the South West Lakes Visitor Experience Team, you will manage the day-to-day operation of The Royalty Fishery, delivering a high quality, safe and enjoyable angling experience at this renowned historic location.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a great angling experience is always available, leading the day-to-day management including presenting the car parks, boathouse and angling information to a high standard. Advise our anglers of the rules, best tactics and locations on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day site maintenance on the Royalty fishery ensuring the riverbanks and facilities are presented to a high standard. This will include grass cutting, weed clearance, footpath, bank and fishery maintenance as well as assisting with the cleaning of toilets and associated facilities.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our anglers, stakeholders and the local community, assist with enquiries and promote the fishery and Trust through a public facing presence.
- Ensure the security of the fishery, discourage and challenge disturbing, unsafe and antisocial behaviour, including poaching, as required.
- Encourage and collect catch reports, including size, photos and collate weekly and monthly fishery reports. Drive the social media presence of The Royalty Fishery in collaboration with our communications team.
- Build relationships with fishing clubs, attend meetings and organise work parties as required.
- Work closely with the Environment team to complete habitat work plans and reporting on invasive non-native species or other conservation concerns.
- Take responsibility for the proper care and maintenance of equipment, vehicles and facilities, carry out routine checks of site furniture, updating online management records and carrying out maintenance as required.
- Complete work programmes as agreed with your line manager, but have the discretion to organise andprioritise work to an agreed timeframe and quality and have responsibility for delegated aspects.
- Recruit, supervise, train and monitor the activities of fishery volunteers in permit checking and practical tasks. Monitor the activities of others, such as contractors.
- Take responsibility for winter maintenance and bank clearance schedule on the Royalty fishery.
- Work with colleagues, contractors, clubs and volunteers to undertake fishery improvement and projects as required
- Undertake training and development as required by the Trust, and be available to train colleagues.
- Ensure that you comply with procedures to manage risk to the public, self, other staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Ensure that high quality risk assessments are carried out in line with Trust guidance for works you are undertaking and supervising and monitor compliance with safety procedures.
- Carry out public safety inspections and ensure electronic records are accurate and regularly updated
- Be accountable to the Trust for the Health and Safety of customers, yourself and colleagues. Record accidents in line with procedures and review risk assessments on a regular basis.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Trust.
In doing so, you will contribute to caring for natural and historic environments, providing health, social and wellbeing benefits for individuals and communities in pursuit of South West Lakes vision:
Our people, places and experiences we offer, will inspire this and future generations to love and benefit from the environment
For more information and to view the Recruitment Pack please visit : Join the team | South West Lakes Trust (swlakestrust.org.uk) “