The IFM is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to join its Board of Trustees to oversee the development and progress of the Institute after becoming a charity.
Would you like to join the IFM Board of Trustees? Do you have suitable skills and experience? Please read the criteria below and apply by 31 May to express your interest.
The IFM is seeking 2 new people to expand and complement its Board of Trustees. The Board is responsible for overseeing the progress and development of the Institute.
The following skills, experience and attributes are preferred, but not essential:
- Proven experience in fisheries management
- Diversity of background – to be more reflective of wider society or the IFM membership
- A member of the IFM – so that experience of IFM membership and fisheries management is represented
- Experience of being a Trustee – to bring that wider experience to the Board
As a member of the Board of Trustees you will be expected to:
- Attend 6 meetings per year. At least half will be by Zoom to reduce travel costs and time impacts
- Be strategic – to oversee the running and governance of a £200k per year business and 500+ membership organisation; for example to oversee delivery of our 5 Year Strategic Plan
- Be unpaid – except for specific circumstances Trustees of charities cannot usually be paid, except for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Be independent and with minimal conflicts of interest
To apply please:
- send a covering letter outlining why your skills and experience make you a good candidate
- include your CV
- send it to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Chris Mills at [email protected] by 31 May 2022.
For more information
For more information about the IFM, please see ifm.org.uk
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the roles or any aspects of applying, you are welcome to discuss with the chairman, Chris Mills, by making an appointment at [email protected].