The IFM is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to join its Board of Trustees to oversee the development and progress of the Institute
Would you like to join the IFM Board of Trustees? Do you have suitable skills and experience? Please read the criteria below and apply by 31 December to express your interest.
The IFM is seeking 2 new people to expand and complement its Board of Trustees. The Board is responsible for overseeing the progress and development of the Institute.
We are open to all applicants ,however, we will take into consideration the following:
- Diversity – to be more reflective of wider society and the IFM membership
- Membership of the IFM – so that experience of IFM membership and fisheries management is represented
- Experience of being a Trustee – to bring that wider experience to the Board
As a member of the Board of Trustees you will be expected to:
- Attend 4 meetings per year. At least half will be by Zoom to reduce travel costs and time impacts
- Be strategic – to oversee the running and governance of a £200k per year business and 500+ membership organisation; for example to oversee delivery of our 5 Year Strategic Plan
- Be unpaid – except for specific circumstances Trustees of charities cannot usually be paid, except for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Be independent and with minimal conflicts of interest
- Please see the separate ‘Role of Trustee’ to understand the requirements in more detail.
To apply please:
- send a covering letter outlining why your skills and experience make you a good candidate
- include your CV
- send it to the IFM’s chair of trustees: [email protected] by 31 December 2023.
For more information
For more information about the IFM, please see ifm.org.uk
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the roles or any aspects of applying, you are welcome to discuss with the chairman, Chris Mills, by making an appointment at [email protected]