Iain Turner | June 25th 2022
The Marine Conservation Society are looking for an exceptional leader to enable delivery of their ambitious goals on fisheries and aquaculture. They want to ensure there are more fish in healthier seas, improve the way wild fisheries and fish farms are managed and influence consumers and seafood businesses to be more responsible in their seafood buying choices.
The Head of Fisheries and Aquaculture leads a team of policy and technical experts on fisheries and aquaculture, including seafood sourcing and sustainability ratings. The post-holder also works across the organisation: integrating fisheries and aquaculture with their work on ocean recovery and clean seas; linking with the Scotland and Wales teams on devolved fisheries and aquaculture issues; and with their communications and engagement experts to promote sustainable fisheries and aquaculture to a wide audience. Their Good Fish Guide has recently been transformed, so leadership of this work and our engagement with seafood businesses and supply chains is key.
What you’ll do
– Lead our Fisheries and Aquaculture (F&A) work; strategically planning, co-ordinating, overseeing and evaluating to ensure its successful delivery
– Lead and manage the F&A team to maximise their potential and support their career development
– Promote and ensure the integration of our F&A objectives internally
– Promote and encourage adoption of MCS F&A objectives externally to key stakeholders
– Develop and manage the F&A programme
– Contribute to the development and implementation of MCS’ Strategy, providing organisational leadership as part of the Extended Management Team
To find out more about the role please click here
To apply for this role please click on this link. The closing date is 3rd July.