The IFM Training Team have developed a range of distance learning courses as well as specialist one and two day courses in various subjects.
Our short course portfolio includes:
- Electric fishing
- Estuarine and marine fish identification and monitoring
- Biosecurity for fisheries
- Freshwater fish identification
- Effective engineering in fisheries
- Fishery management
- For more information on short courses please contact Paul Coulson on Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Certificate Course Manager is Pete Turner and he can be contacted on email@example.com
- Our Diploma Course Manager is Andy Hindes and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our new Certificate Course has now been running for 12 months and has proven to be very popular with well over 70 students enrolling in this short period. We will continue to review this course annually to ensure that it reflects changes in the industry. The Certificate course now also includes a practical skills weekend that is held each spring.
We continue to run the highly regarded Diploma in Fisheries Management. This qualification is recognised by many employers and entitles their holder to professional status within the Institute. The Institute also publishes a free booklet detailing the possible paths for someone seeking a career in fisheries within the UK. We also run other courses and workshops where you’ll need to attend in person. These are aimed at filling particular skills gaps and are not normally part of a further structured qualification.
IFM Mentor Scheme
IFM Training is looking for willing volunteers to take on the role of student mentors for students taking on the challenges of the IFM Diploma and Certificate courses. Our Mentors are a crucial element of our course offer and provide support and guidance to students who may be returning to education after many years. If you would like to join us the details can be found here
Students on our courses are also eligible to apply for a National Union of Students Extra card entitling them to discounts at over 170 retailers.
If you have any other training enquiries please email email@example.com
Upcoming training events
1st Jun 2017, at ,