This is a front-line leadership role and the successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in networking and communication skills as well as excellence in planning and execution of applied scientific studies in field situations. The successful candidate will have academic and practical experience of fluvial geomorphology and aquatic ecology.
The role of Research Officer has a number of areas of responsibility including:
- Day to day delivery of the Project under the supervision of the Senior Research Officer
- Liaise closely with the Senior Research Officer and supervise staff allocated to the project
- Work independently in the field and with the support of IFI staff and of other project staff when required
- Contribute to and oversee development of all core elements of the programme (admin, desk, field)
- Work with Senior Research officer to develop comprehensive programme of field surveys in line with available resources and in context of EU Directives (Habitats and Water Framework Directives)
Download the full Job Description at pdfJD Research Officer – Environmental River Enhancement Programme EREP (217 KB)
Temporary, Specified Purpose
Research Officer, appointments will be made at the first point of the scale:
€35,151, €36,883, €38,941, €40,865, €43,630, €45,926, €47,801, €49,619, €53,738, €55,689, €57,745, €59,797, €61,839, €63,908, €65,426 (LSI 1), €67,575 (LSI2)
Applications (a cover letter and up to date Curriculum Vitae) should be sent to: email@example.com by 5.00pm Wednesday 27th November 2019.
Short listing will be based on the information provided in the Cover Letter and CV
Please include the reference EREP19 in your application and email subject line.
Unfortunately late applications cannot be processed.