Natural Resources Wales are looking for two monitoring assistants to help with the summer survey programme.
These are 6 month positions
Job Specific Criteria:
1) Carry out Electrofishing and data collection in order to deliver and complete the areas investigational fish stock surveys and any other routine monitoring programmes as per the business plan to achieve our environmental goals.
2) Interpret and implement basic scientific and technical procedures and principles in an integrated way to ensure monitoring activities are carried out to the required standards.
3) Develop and maintain a strong internal/external customer focus; build effective relationships and work well with partners to achieve environmental goals.
4) Promote awareness of health & safety best practice; ensure you use safe working practices to comply with our own policies and standards.
5) Regularly update and maintain information on the relevant database(s) and public registers to ensure that it complies with current legislation and our own standards.
6) Support investigations, identify concerns and respond to the team/other functions, in line with our own policies, to support positive environmental outcomes.