The National Fisheries & Angling team provide expert technical expertise on all fisheries management matters, including overall responsibility for the technical management of the Trusts fisheries management framework term contract. This includes safeguarding the Trust’s responsibilities in relation to Fisheries and Environmental Law. The Fisheries & Angling Officer is responsible for day to day fisheries and angling management in their designated areas of responsibility.
This role will be based out of Milton Keynes and will cover the Trusts London & South East and East Midlands regions.
- Contribute to the development and subsequent implementation of national and local fisheries and angling strategies and action plans to protect, maintain, and where appropriate, enhance the condition of the Trust fisheries assets and their performance both for the customer and for the wider ecosystem services value that the Trusts fisheries provide.
- To undertake the negotiation of financial terms and legal agreements with customer angling clubs and thereafter client manage day to day relationships with the customer club representatives including the health and wellbeing opportunities associated with the Trust’s Lets Fish angling participation work
- To provide professional fisheries management input into the fisheries and angling component of the Trusts Environmental Management System.
- Responsibility for ensuring that data/information/registration of fisheries assets at regional level are maintained consistently in accordance with industry standards and are available to meet the Trust’s needs.
- To undertake the day to day management of the Trust’s commercial fisheries located with the delegated geographical area to optimise angling income, customer satisfaction and health, wellbeing and user to supporter journey opportunities.
- Contribute towards the national fisheries & angling team’s annual business plan and regional business plans.
- Growing fisheries and angling volunteering regionally.
- Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times
- Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust’s policies and values
For more information about the role and how to apply please click here