A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Environmental Project and Contracts Manager with a passion for delivering projects in the aquatic environment sector. You will join a growing team of fisheries scientists, ecologists and engineers who bring their commitment to the environment to their work.
Fishtek Consulting is a leading aquatic engineering specialist working across the UK, Asia and West Africa on a diverse range of projects around river engineering, fish passage and sustainable hydropower.
Fishtek is seeking an Environmental Project and Contracts Manager to join them on a permanent basis, working from the Devon office on a diverse range of projects, including Ecological Mitigation, River Restoration and Fish Passage.
- Delivering projects relating to river engineering / fisheries monitoring
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of works
- Managing contracts and frameworks to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts. This will be a key component of the role
- Building good relationships with clients
- Manage design coordination and liaison between clients and the technical team at Fishtek
- Working with Site Managers and Site Foreman to ensure smooth delivery of construction projects
- Engaging appropriate subcontractors and stakeholders
- Preparing tenders / quotations
- Chance to make a real, practical and positive difference to the natural world
- Work with people who have a genuine passion for the environment
- Travel to exciting projects across the UK, Asia and Africa.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with years of service
- Company pension
Suitable candidates should have 5 + years of experience managing projects and contracts within the environmental sector, ideally with good experience in the aquatic sector (for example river restoration, flood defence and water management projects). You will need to be motivated and have good organisational and problem-solving skills. Experience in managing programmes, contracts, budgets, quality and health and safety, along with excellent communication skills and management and contractual experience, particularly NEC 3 is essential. Knowledge of CDM regulations is preferred as well as a familiarity with ISO 9001 and 14001 systems of working. As a minimum, a degree in environmental science or similar and Project Management training is essential. Experience of managing Framework contracts and large projects is highly desirable.
If you would like more information or to apply for the post, please email a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org