This is a joint workshop being run with the Scottish Fishery Coordination Centre and the Tweed Foundation.
The day will be held at the Tweed Fish Conservancy Centre near Melrose.
The workshop will look at the following subjects and will also allow time for delegates to look at and analyse their own scales.
- The use of scales for genetics, microchemistry analysis and sex/species/life history determination
- Recent advances in knowledge from scale reading in the marine and freshwater environment
- Methods for scale storage and archiving
- Scale reading: is it an art or a science? Progress in analysis software
- Analysing species other than salmonids.
- Demo of SFCC online scale reading resources
- Otolith analysis
The full programme can be found here
With thanks to: