Following on from the very successful Bridgwater and London eel conferences the Institute of Fisheries Management, in partnership with the Environment Agency and Sustainable Eel Group are pleased to announce our next eel event, a two day Eel Regulations workshop.
A wide-ranging programme is planned with sessions covering the legal framework and Regulator’s perspective. Practical implementation will also be covered including examples of screening and passage solutions. The expectation is that by the end of the workshop individuals and organisations will have a better understanding of the requirements and methods of meeting their obligations under the Eel Regs.
We aim to bring together some of the leading practitioners for two days of presentations, posters and field trips.
Workshop sessions will include:
· The wider context: The European perspective on eel passage including solutions adopted by other countries
· Translating the Eel Regs into tangible outcomes for eel
· The prerequisites for successful passage and screening
· Scenario-based examples of Best Practice solutions
· Current research
· Site visits to examine adopted solutions
Registration will be available here in early August.