This will be the 45th Annual IFM Conference and will be taking place in the historic docklands area of Liverpool from October 7th – 9th. This year we will be taking a holistic approach to fisheries management and will be covering marine, estuarine and freshwaters.
Sessions will cover:
- Ecological significance and management of sea run and transitional fish
- Management of inshore fisheries
- Catchment management for fisheries
- Marine development & fisheries management challenges
- Catchment connectivity, fish passage & barrier removal
- Trout from sea to source
- Improving fish passage
As is traditional we will also have the annual dinner on the evening of the 7th and in a change to our usual programme we will have a day of dedicated field trips on Thursday 9th instead of the afternoon of day two.
The field trip will be to the Quarry Bank Mill and River Bollin to look at the work done to ease fish passage as well as the habitat improvement scheme carried out along the river
The conference programme can be found here