This year’s IFM Annual Conference will be hosted by the Yorkshire and North East Branch in the grand surroundings of the Hull Guildhall.
The focus for the conference is resilient fisheries and we will cover a range of subjects in the freshwater, transitional and marine environments. With issues such as Brexit and the UK Governments 25 Year Environment Plan looming large the status of the nation’s fisheries both now and in the future has never been more important. We need to ensure that we have all the available information to hand to allow us to be able to respond to the impending changes to regulation and enforcement.
The conference will bring together speakers from across the UK, Ireland and Europe for three days of presentations, posters, field trips and networking opportunities.
The organising committee would welcome submissions from people working in the following fields:
- Mitigation and recovery
- Sustainable exploitation of fisheries
- Development of new fisheries
- Climate change
- Resilient environments and renewable energies
- Societal impacts and engagement
- Fisheries that are bucking the trend
- Resilient fisheries
- Future proofing fisheries
All abstracts should include the following information in this order:
- Title of the paper,
- Authors’ full names with presenter’s name highlighted,
- Affiliation and country of origin for each co-author,
- Full address of the presenting author,
- Email address of the presenting author,
- 100 – 200 word abstract on the paper’s content,
- Oral or poster presentation
The Steering Group will review all submissions and will aim to ensure a good balance of topics and geographic areas. If requests for oral presentations are oversubscribed a poster presentation may be offered instead.
All submissions and enquiries should be sent directly to the conference administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions 13thof July 2018