The IFM will be running another of its popular training courses in the autumn. The dates are April 2nd and 3rd and it will be held at the Rempstone Village Hall near Loughborough.
The course is a mix of the basic knowledge needed to safely use the method and practical demonstrations on local waters. We also cover some more advanced techniques for those with some prior experience as well as incorporating a short emergency first aid course.
The course is delivered by Paul Coulson (the IFM Director of Operations) and Mike Lee (IFM Careers Officer) who both have many years experience in the use of electric fishing equipment and training.
Over the two days the course covers the following topics:
- An introduction to electric fishing and other sampling methods
- Electric Fishing Health & Safety, Legislation and the basic theory
- Basic first aid course including CPR
- An Introduction to the electric fishing equipment
- Other sampling equipment involved including personal protective equipment
- How to conduct yourself in the field
- Advance techniques – Hints, tips and other questions
- Preparation for field work (methodologies)
- An end exam to make sure everyone was happy with the what they have learnt
- Field survey, gear assembly and fish sampling practical
Please note that due to the costs of running this course we need to have a minimum number before confirming.
For full details please contact Paul Coulson