We now run our courses at Rempstone Village Hall which is just outside of Loughborough and easliy accessible from the M1 and A46.
The course is a good mix of the theory needed to safely use the methods, coupled with practical demonstrations, first aid and health and safety. We also cover some more advanced techniques for those with some prior experience.
The course utilises both backpack and control box and generator set ups from a number of manufacturers
The course is delivered by Paul Coulson (the IFM Director of Operations) and Mike Lee (IFM Careers Officer) who both have many years experience in the use of electric fishing equipment and training.
Over the two days the course covers the following topics:
- An introduction to monitoring and the gathering of data
- An introduction to electric fishing and other sampling methods
- Electric fishing health & safety, risk assessment, legislation and the basic theory
- Basic first aid course including CPR
- An Introduction to the electric fishing equipment
- Other sampling equipment involved including personal protective equipment, biosecurity etc
- How to conduct yourself in the field
- Advance techniques – Hints, tips and other questions
- Preparation for field work (methodologies)
- An end of course exam to make sure everyone was happy with the what they have learnt
- Field survey, gear assembly and fish sampling practical
For more information on the course please contact Paul Coulson IFM Director of Operations email@example.com Mobile 07960 939836 Office 0845 3887012