The Institute is working on a number of new position statements and these will be released and circulated in due course. If members have any subjects they feel the Institute should be working on please do get in touch.
Current Position Statements
- Fisheries Monitoring
- The Reintroduction of the European Beaver.
- Run-of-River Hydropower.
- Sustainable Fisheries Management in Estuaries
We have created a dedicated page for our position statement and further information on the Sustainable Management of Sea bass. This can be found here.
With the rapidly moving nature of the Brexit process we have created a dedicated Brexit page to highlight any developments that may have an impact on Fish and Fisheries. Here you will find our own Brexit position statement as well as other information from the Environmental Policy Forum and others.
Fisheries Workshop on Otter predation
Following on from a recent workshop on otter predation the key outputs from this can be accessed here
- Net Fishing Management for Estuaries, Harbours and Piers in Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Sussex IFCA Consultation on Near-Shore Trawling
- Sussex IFCA Consultation on Near-Shore Netting
- Managing Salmon Fisheries in England and the Border Esk (EA Response)
- Managing Salmon Fisheries in England and the Border Esk (EA Response) Part 2 Q7-11
- Response from the Institute of Fisheries Management to the Government’s ‘A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to Improve the Environment’
You can also read the Angling Trust letter on the Salmon Consultation that was sent to the Environment Minister here
Wildlife and Countryside Link
The Institute is also a member of the Wildlife and Countryside Link (LINK). You can find the latest consultation responses and policy documents from the group here